- To serve as CEO of JCI Malta
- Ensure activities align with JCI Mission, Vision and Creed
- Preside Board Meetings and General Assemblies
Represent JCI Malta locally and internationally The person elected to this post shall serve as the Chief Executive Officer of JCI Malta and shall be responsible for giving the National Organisation direction and for supervising the National Organisation’s activities. They are responsible for ensuring that the National Organisation’s activities during the year are in line with the vision and plan of action approved for the year in question and generally in line with the JCI’s mission, vision and creed. They are required to preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and at all the General Assembly Meetings. This person is required to represent the National Organisation in any instance locally and specifically at meetings of the Council of the Chamber of Commerce, the JCI European Presidents Meeting, the European Conference and the World Congress held during their term of office.
Deputy National President & VP International
- Stand in for National President as and when required
- Guide Local Presidents where and when required
- Link JCI Malta and its local organisation to international organisations
- Source potential twinning arrangements
- Assist the Secretary General in securing the 100% Efficiency goals are met
- Represent JCI Malta locally and internationally with the National President
- Learn and plan ahead for National President year
The person elected to this post is considered to be the right-hand person of the National President and shall stand in for the National President as and when required. This person will also provide guidance and assistance to the Local Organisation Presidents when required. As VP International, their role is that of acting as the link between other JCI Local and National Organisations abroad and JCI Malta. They are responsible for the promotion of international conferences. This person is also responsible for the nurturing of existing twinning arrangements between the National Organisation and foreign National Organisations and for sourcing opportunities for potential twinning arrangements generally. Together with the Secretary General, the Deputy President must ensure that all the criteria for the 100% Efficiency are met and shall, moreover, be the link between the National Organisation and JCI as far as administrative matters are concerned. It is recommended that this person attends all International meetings, however if this is not possible, they should attempt to attend at least the World Congress. The Deputy National President is to be allowed enough time throughout the year in order to learn and plan ahead for the following year knowing they are next in line for the role of National President.
Director for Memberships & Growth
- Keep an up to date memberships database and mailing list
- If chosen to be implemented, this person is in charge of the Buddy System
- Secure a system that ensures notifications for membership that are close to expiring and encouraging renewals
- In charge of monitoring and improving the JCI Growth Path for members
- Collect feedback from members on improving JCI Malta
- Identify/Improve upon the JCI Malta member persona
Members induction events: This person is in charge of making sure that the membership experience within JCI Malta is an optimal one, ensuring there’s renewal of memberships and looking into avenues the organisation could venture in to grow. This person is responsible for ensuring that records of JCI Malta members, records of the various Local Organisation members and the National Organisation mailing list are always up to date. This person is also responsible for the management of the Buddy System (if it is decided to be implemented in that particular year) and for the assignment of new members to Local Organisations. This person needs to secure an automated/manual system that monitors membership expiry and contacts members for renewal. This person is in charge of monitoring and updating the membership JCI Growth Path in order to secure that all members are looking into further growth opportunities within JCI Malta. The Director is in charge of the membership feedback questionnaire that can help the organisation improve its structure, products and services in order to make the organisation more worthwhile for its members. As part of the end of year report, the Director needs to present a review on the different member personas JCI attracts and by the end of the year identify the ideal member(s) for JCI Malta in an ever changing world. This person is also responsible for members induction events.
Director for Marketing & PR
- In charge of the overall marketing and PR of JCI Malta and it’s LOs
- Responsible for social media accounts of JCI Malta
- Sending out of monthly/quarterly newsletters
- Run online Recruitment campaigns
- Promotion of all events, projects and initiatives by JCI Malta
- Present an end of year report on following growth across social media platforms
The person elected in this role will be responsible for the overall marketing and public relations of JCI Malta and its Local Organisations. This person will be responsible for all social media accounts, which to date include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Meetups and LinkedIn. They will also be in charge of sending out monthly/quarterly newsletters as they deem fit and following consultation with the National President throughout the year. This person will also be responsible for the content generation on the JCI Malta website as well as Public Relations for the organisation. The person elected will also be responsible for running online recruitment campaigns in order to add another layer of reach to potential JCI Malta members. Additionally this Director will be responsible for securing maximum promotional efforts to all JCI Malta events, projects and initiatives. As part of their end of year presentation, the Director for Marketing & PR needs to present an outline of how the social media channels grew in terms of likes, follows, and reach among other points discussed throughout the year.
Director of business events & Trainings
- Oversee the calendar, specifically for business & entrepreneurial events and ensure consistency of the annual events.
- Seek out new partners for JCI Malta & renew old ones
- Advise project leaders on potential partners for their projects
- Monitor quality of training programmes throughout the year
- Advise Local Organisations on trainings
The director of business events & trainings need to supervise the activities of the Project Leaders assigned to them. They are to serve as an advisor in order to help Project Leaders find appropriate sponsors and partners for their respective projects. As for the Trainings part of the role, the Director shall be responsible for coordinating business and entrepreneurial trainings. The VP is to serve as an advisor to the local organisations that want to organise training for their members to ensure the high level standard for training is maintained. The Director is also in charge of making sure the events are posted on the website and are visible in the calendar.
It is both a mentoring and overseeing role.
Director of social events
- Guide & mentor members into organizing their own social events.
- Organize team building events together with the director of memberships & growth to enhance the team-feeling.
- Oversee the calendar, specifically for social events and ensure consistency of the annual events.
The Director of Social Events is responsible for overseeing the calendar and making sure the fixed events are on schedule. The Director of Social Events needs to supervise the activities of the Project Leaders assigned to them and guide the members when they want to organize their own event. The Director is also in charge of making sure the events are posted on the website and are visible in the calendar.
It is both a mentoring and overseeing role.
- Take care of accounts and financial records of JCI Malta
- Present JCI Malta accounts to Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Present JCI Malta financial position to the Board of Directors every month
- Liaise with auditors
- Ensure approved budget is adhered to
- Handling of VO compliance documentation
- Seek out and support funding applications for JCI Malta
This person is responsible for maintaining books of accounts and financial records for the National Organisation and for each of the Local Organisations. They are required to prepare National Organisation accounts (that will include Local Organisation Accounts and Project Accounts) for submission to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis as well as update the Board of Directors of the financial position of the National Organisation on a monthly basis. The Treasurer must also liaise with the National Organisation’s auditors for the auditing of the National Organisation’s accounts on an annual basis. This person operates, together with the National President, the National Organisation’s bank accounts and they are responsible for all receipts and payments of monies made to/from the National Organisation. The treasurer shall make sure that the approved budgets are adhered to. The Treasurer is responsible for handling submission of finances to the VO in order to secure VO compliance for the organisation. They are expected to write funding applications together with the project managers or local organisation representatives in order to secure JCI Malta makes use of the available funding it can benefit from.
- Take care of scheduling, prepare agendas and take minutes of board meetings and general assemblies
- Take care of preparing to-do lists following board meetings and discussions, assign tasks and ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Ensure JCI Malta reaches the goals of the 100% Efficiency Programme
- Frequently check the [email protected] inbox and forward emails directly to those they need to get to
- Prepare the admin report
The Secretary General is the administrative officer of the National Organisation responsible directly to the National President. This person acts as the link between the members of the Board of Directors and will assist the Deputy National President & VP Trainings in the latter’s communications with JCI. They are required to prepare the agendas for, to give notice of and to take minutes of all Board Meetings and General Meetings, particularly the Annual General Meeting. They are to provide the National Board of Directors with a to-do list and deadlines following each meeting. Together with the Deputy President, the Secretary General must ensure that all the criteria for the 100% Efficiency are met. They are also in charge of the JCI Malta e-mail ([email protected]) and are to ensure all emails incoming are forwarded to the people that need to respond/react to them. This person is also in charge of ensuring that there’s proper distribution of tasks and that the assigned tasks are being carried out and deadlines adhered to. Therefore, they are in charge of any to-do list boards that the National Board decides it needs to function and are bound to ensure they are kept up-to-date. The Secretary General is also in charge of preparing the end of year admin report.