Enterprising Europe: Discover EU Opportunities
Out of stock
Out of stock
JCI Malta & the European Parliament Liason Office, Valletta have teamed up to bring European Opportunities closer to young entrepreneurs!
The course is aimed at young entrepreneurs, in particular those facing the specific challenges of starting, developing, and sustaining a business in a small EU Member State. Apart from offering the participants the possibility to exchange experiences and difficulties, they will also be trained on how EU laws affect enterprises, directly or indirectly, and how businesses and SMEs can influence policy on a European level. Furthermore, the participants will be introduced to the measures of support, training, and opportunities that the EU offers.
Lectures will run between the 25th November 2020 until the 16th December between 17:00 and 18:00.
25/11/ 2020 – Module 1
- Keynote address by Mr. Stefano Mallia, President of the Employers Group of the European Economic and Social Committee
- How a European law is born: procedures, strategy, negotiation, and influence led by Ms. Elaine Cordina, European Parliament Liaison Office, Malta)
POSTPONED to 06/01/2021 – Module 2
- Digitalisation and its impact on SMEs led by Dr. Michael Zammit Maempel
9/12/2020 – Module 3
- SMEs and Pension Rights led by Dr. Matthew Brincat, Malta Association of Retirement Schemes
10/12/2020 – Module 4
- Taxation – Doing Business in the EU led by Dr. Juanita Brockdorff, Partner, Tax Services, KPMG
16/12/2020 – Module 5
- EU Funding and Development Opportunities led by Ms. Ana Maria Magri Pantea, co-Founder of Ascend Consulting, and Ms. Brigitte Tanti, Malta Enterprise