The JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards 2016
The Winners of the 2016 JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards
On the 14 October 2016, the Global Goals Award Night was held as part of Junior Chamber International (JCI) Malta’s commitment to push the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development amongst all sectors of society.
34 individuals from Malta were identified by the general public, who have impacted our communities through their work, activism or initiatives, out of which following an evaluation process held by 5 international judges, 10 were announced winners from respective category.
“It was a very enriching night, to have such great minds placed within the same room, as this not only served as a way of recognizing the top 10 winners, but most importantly that all nominnees were able to network and know more of one another. It is hoped that in turn this would create a ripple effect towards collective action and conscience, irrespective of the area within which one operates” said Clayton Mercieca, National President of JCI Malta. “This awards night, has nonetheless proven that we need to allow more spaces within which such people are heard and recognized by the general public, in order to serve as role models and to be informed about what is being done to save the planet”.
The Awards Night was organized by JCI Malta with the support of HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c and M.S.V Life p.l.c acting as category sponsors, Delicata Wines, Agenzija Zghazagh and with the ongoing partnership of KPMG Malta, Eduline, MISCO and the Concept Stadium.
Announcing the Nominees of the 2016 JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards
We are excited to announce the 34 nominees of the 2016 JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards. The awards night to announce the final 10 will be held on 14th October 2016.
Category 1: Young Impactful Politician
Category 2: Impactful Print/Visual Reporter
Category 3: SDG Conscious Artist
Category 4: Healthy Lifestyle & Wellbeing
Category 5: SDG Conscious Technology
Category 6: Environmental Sustainability
CATEGORY SPONSOR: HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c
Category 7: Quality Education
CATEGORY SPONSOR: HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c
Category 8: Outstanding Young Active Citizen
The submission of nominations is now closed.
Thank you so much for your interest and submitting nominations. Keep watching this space in the coming weeks to know who was nominated.
The JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards Programme
The JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards recognises individuals between the ages of 18 – 40 who, through their work, projects, voluntary experience, etc are doing a positive contribution in our society and helping Malta achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
There are 8 Categories in total:
– Impactful Politics Award
– Impactful Reporter Award
– Healthy Lifestyle and Wellbeing Award
– The SDG Conscious Artist Award
– SDG Conscious Technology Award
– Environmental sustainability Award.
– Quality Education Award
– The Outstanding Young Active Citizen Award
General Rules of the Nomination Process
- Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40. Nominees born before January 1 of the preceding year are not eligible for the JCI Malta #GlobalGoals Awards.
- A copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be uploaded along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- A good quality (300 dpi) head-and-shoulders photograph must be uploaded with the official nomination form
- The nominee must be a resident of the nation from which the nomination originates.
- Nominees do not need to be members of the organization.
- Nominees CANNOT be a current member of the Board at the International, National or Local levels.
- The nominee must sign the declaration of nomination form and upload it attesting to all facts contained in the form and granting permission for publication of these facts.
- All information must be contained on the official online form. Photographs, audiotapes, videos will be used doing the judging process for certain categories & as proof of the nominees work.
- If a candidate is selected as one of the ten international honorees, however, these items will be requested by JCI World Headquarters!
- Nominees must be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the year after winning the award.
- Each nominee must be entered in ONLY ONE (1) of the following categories:
- Impactful Politics Award
- Impactful Reporter Award
- Healthy Lifestyle and Wellbeing Award
- The SDG Conscious Artist Award
- SDG Conscious Technology Award
- Environmental sustainability Award.
- Quality Education Award
- The Outstanding Young Active Citizen Award
12. All nomination forms are to be received by 1st August 2016.